February 14, 2014

Beautiful Movie Theaters

I went to college at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and one of my favorite places in town (there were several, because Santa Barbara is a beautiful city) was the Arlington Theatre. Besides having a historic organ that plays live on Friday and Saturday nights (am I a geek for liking that?), the theater has a ceiling that looks like the night sky and is lined with adobe-style "buildings" that make you feel like you're sitting outdoors in an old-time California town back in the days of Spanish rule. (Or like you're at Disneyland--which is just as fun, if you ask me.)
Source
AMC or Regal Cinemas don't have anything this cool, though thankfully a number of cities in California have preserved their historic theaters. Check out some of them over on the My Modern Met blog.



Some of these are definitely going on my to-do list the next time I'm in the Bay Area--the only problem is deciding which ones to prioritize. They're all gorgeous! Going to a movie or a show in a space like one of these really makes the experience special, don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment